Immigration in a Nutshell

Although I am the son of two immigrants who came here less than a year before my birth, I used to have no idea about anything regarding immigration.  In this class, I was given the opportunity to conduct research and interview an immigrant, allowing me to learn more about the past that they left and the city they now call home.  Studying charts and tables was one of the hardest things I ever did and was an experience that I will never forget.  It took hours, sometimes even days, to find charts that had the information I was looking for, and it was also difficult to understand the full scope of what the charts were saying.  The interview on the other hand, was a lot more fun and taught me new things about people that I have known for years.  At first, it was difficult to find time to complete the interview, but when everything was arranged it felt just like an ordinary conversation instead of homework.  Overall this class was a lot of work, but really did teach me a lot about integration and immigration laws.

This entry was posted in Reflections. Bookmark the permalink.