Kanye West: Graduation

Posted on Sunday, January 13th, 2013 at 1:08 pm

goodmorning

This started as me fiddling around really late night and then it suddenly just became a homage to Kanye West and Takashi Murakami. So it goes I suppose.

I’ll never be able to decide on my favorite Kanye West album- but Graduation is definitely a contender for my number 1 spot. Anyone who has the album will recongnize the bear, but did you know that the video and the bear were designed by Mukarami? Sans Dropout Bear, I only recently dicovered his amazingly bizarre art at the MoMA, and when I connected two and two together I was like ‘yooo’

Sometimes messing around with people’s styles of art is fun because it sort of forces you to do things you wouldn’t normally do. Like, I don’t usually mess with color like so, so it was quite the feat, but I’m really happy with how this came out.

On that note, I hate to be THAT person, but I always felt like Kanye West was sort of underrated. I mean obviously he ISN’T in the sense that he is something of a house hold name. However, I think people have been more or less blinded by some of his actions over his actual success as an artist, and that has always bothered me (for many reasons)

His music has always been a favorite of mine, and I’m aware of his occasional slips into his egotistical persona, but for example, Kanye has been a big LGBT activist, and you almost never hear of that! Isn’t that a shame? Besides that, he has a certain style to him that I enjoy- I mean, look, his mascot was designed by Takashi Murakami, who also did stuff for Louis Vuitton and Givenchy- and his music in general has always been very well produced and his stories well told. I mean maybe it’s just my own bias, but I think Kanye is pretty great yeah!!!

Ignore my gushing pbt

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.