Marilyn Guaman

My name is Marilyn Guaman, but my friends call me Smurphy. I want to major in Psychology and Neuroscience, but I’d like to be an oncologist. My interest in medicine stems back to my mom. As a young child, she’d make me watch documentaries on the ER or surgeries, instead of letting me watch the Teletubbies or Barney. So, instead of being a normal child and having a tea party with my teddy bears, I’d cut them open to mimic what I saw. It didn’t work out the way I expected it to. I ended up having a nice encounter with my mom’s belt and a dead teddy bear. Fast forward 10 years later,  I’m a corny jokester but I’m kept to myself. I love dogs because they’re my world.

Grace Tan

My name is Grace Tan and I am currently a Freshman at Macaulay Honors College at Queens College, majoring in Secondary Education and Mathematics.  I am also currently part of the TIME2000 Program at Queens College.  I am currently a private tutor as well as a barista at Starbucks.

Kristen Cheung

My name is Kristen Cheung and I am a Freshman at the Macaulay Honors College at Queens College.  I am a Neuroscience major.  I am currently a research assistant at the Stress in Pregnancy Study at Queens College and a Music Instructor at Real Brave Audio.

Donna Episcopio

My name is Donna Episcopio, and I am currently a Freshman at the Macaulay Honors College at Queens College. I am pursuing a major in Biology and a double minor in Chemistry and the Business and Liberal Arts Honors Track. I am also a research assistant in the biology laboratory of Dr. Zahra Zakeri. My current research focuses on the effects of flu virus (influenza) infection on the morphology, viability, stress responses, and bioenergetics of Madin Darby Canine Kidney cells. In addition, I am currently participating in a collaboration project on ovarian cancer at Yale University. In short, you can pretty much expect to find me under the fume hood in my downtime and in between classes, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.