Comtesse d’Haussonville

The oil painting by Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres titled Comtesse d’Haussonville   really surprised me because it was one of the first portraits I ever saw that incorporated the use of a mirror to give the spectator a glimpse at the backside of the subject. Because of the mirror, you can see how her hair is beautifully braided and held together by some sort of hair pik. The mirror also brings light to the details of the lace collar as well as the buttons that run down her back, which I would assume she buttoned to secure her dress on. In a way, this gives this 2-D painting has a 3-D feel since you have a relatively complete view of the girl. I was also really shocked by how realistic the dress looked. The sheen of the fabric was so carefully painted, and every fold, wrinkle, and ruffle was given so much attention. I almost wanted to reach out and touch the dress.

The painting continues to tease my memory because of the girls facial expression. I want to know what she is thinking about; the expression she has is rather neutral, but it is clear that something is on her mind because of her hand placement. Her eyes look right into the viewer’s, and they seems a little tired and distressed, which can be deduced from her blue-gray tinted under eye bags.

This entry was posted in Post #4. Bookmark the permalink.

649 Responses to Comtesse d’Haussonville

1. SEO says:

That is a good write-up When i viewed on account of write about the item. Really it is what exactly I need to to discover trust with foreseeable future you might go on intended for giving a really fantastic write-up. Ajaib88

2. jackcolon says:

These online earning websites websites provide diverse opportunities for Pakistanis to generate income. Whether you have a specific skill set, enjoy writing, or want to participate in market research, there’s a platform that suits your needs. Start exploring these websites today and take the first step towards financial independence.

3. A says:

Loving the information on this website , you have done outstanding job on the articles . Bathroom Renovations in Glen Waverley

4. A5 says:

What i do not understood is if truth be told how you’re not actually much more smartly-appreciated than you might be right now. You are very intelligent. You recognize therefore significantly when it comes to this subject, produced me in my view consider it from numerous varied angles. Its like men and women are not involved unless it’s something to do with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs outstanding. Always take care of it up! 루이에셋

5. oliver12 says:

Save and convert videos with this all-in-one downloader. Fast, reliable, and easy to use Download Pinterest Videos

6. sara says:

I simply determined this weblog and have high hopes for it to continue. maintain up the remarkable work, its difficult to find properly ones. i’ve brought to my favorites. thanks. 2 weeks in spain

7. کترینگ هفت و نیم بهترین کترینگ غرب تهران و ادارات و مدارس

8. napiy says:

I’d must consult with you here. Which is not something I do! I spend time reading an article that may make people feel. Also, appreciate your allowing me to comment! Beer Shotgun Tool

9. al fakher vape says:

Experience the pinnacle of vaping with Al Fakher Vape, a brand synonymous with quality and exceptional flavor. Renowned for its rich heritage in the world of shisha, Al Fakher brings its expertise to the vaping community, offering a premium line of e-liquids that capture the essence of their beloved shisha flavors.

10. Aliladla says:

I prefer the countless blogposts, My partner and i significantly enjoyed, I would like information regarding that, given that it is extremely great., Many thanks related to articulating. https://f8betmy.forum/

11. vohah80142 says:

I really like your personal submit. It is excellent to find out an individual clarify within phrases within the middle in addition to lucidity relating to this important subject might be effortlessly observed. https://typhu88.trade/

12. kharizaffar says:

Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene. best SEO practices

13. juul pods dubai says:

Juul Pods Dubai offer a premium vaping experience, combining convenience with rich, satisfying flavors. Designed specifically for the Juul device, these pods are pre-filled with high-quality nicotine salt e-liquid, delivering a smooth and potent hit that mimics the sensation of traditional smoking.

14. sara says:

Net worth is a key indicator of financial health, representing the difference between what you own (assets) and what you owe (liabilities). Net Worth

15. Jorge Parker says:

Experience matters when it comes to publishing Christian literature. Publishers who specialize in Christian book publishers are better equipped to handle the unique challenges that come with faith-based writing. They understand the nuances of religious content and are skilled at maintaining the integrity of your message while making it accessible to a broader audience.

16. yoyokhan says:

This is such a great post, and was thinking much the same myself. Another great update. Tech Ai

17. laku toto says:

Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. bandar togel

18. In-Ceiling Speakers says:

In-ceiling speakers are a sleek and modern audio solution designed to provide high-quality sound without taking up any floor or shelf space. These speakers are installed directly into the ceiling, making them an excellent choice for home theaters, multi-room audio systems, and other settings where aesthetics and space-saving are priorities

19. thepokea185009 says:

UUS777 menawarkan RTP yang sangat tinggi, hingga 100%. RTP yang tinggi berarti pemain memiliki peluang yang lebih besar untuk mendapatkan kembali sejumlah besar dari total taruhan mereka dalam jangka Panjang, dan menjadikan situs yang sangat menguntungkan bagi para pemain. uus777 login

20. viwit says:

The favored public colleges on our district can definitely supply some accurate training to younger youngsters. They’ve immoderate necessities,. Packers and Movers Gurgaon to Kolkata

21. sara says:

Net worth is a key indicator of financial health, representing the difference between what you own (assets) and what you owe (liabilities). Income

22. If you want to play tiranga gamaes then you must visit tiranga game it is a unique platform for this,

23. kayir says:

I would love to buy wi-fi speakers but what is the pleasant emblem?; Packers and Movers Kolkata to Patna

24. viwit says:

Awesome read. I just exceeded this onto a pal who changed into doing some research on that. He just bought me lunch because I located it for him! Thus permit me rephrase: Thanx for lunch! Packers and Movers Chandigarh to Mumbai

25. jack says:

Thankx so much for this! I havent been this thrilled by a post for a long period of time! Youve got it, whatever that means in blogging. Anyway, You are certainly someone that has something to say that people need to hear. Keep up the good job. Keep on inspiring the people! plechove garaze

26. woheta3785 woheta3785 says:

오늘 중계 정말 최고였습니다! 덕분에 승리의 순간을 놓치지 않고 함께할 수 있었어요. 라이브스포츠중계

27. Ghalib Shaikh says:

there are bronze and brass dining chairs too that looks very elegant because of their color. speelsheid in mode

28. Fareed Khatri says:

Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place.. best Maine bed and breakfasts

29. Fareed Khatri says:

Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place.. best Portland bed and breakfasts

30. viwit says:

Along with every factor which appears to be growing inner this precise vicinity, many of your viewpoints are in reality very stimulating. Having stated that, I beg your pardon, because I cannot provide credence for your whole idea, all be it exhilarating none the much less. It appears to all people that your comments are usually now not entirely rationalized and actually you are yourself now not fully convinced of your factor. In any event I did enjoy analyzing it. Packers and Movers Kolkata to Gurgaon

31. biteh biteh15783 says:

Thank you for your very good information and feedback from you. san jose used car 스포츠무료중계

32. Owais Khokhar says:

Pleasant website and completely extraordinary. You can improve yet regardless I say this perfect.Keep striving generally advantageous. trang cá độ bóng đá

33. Chad says:

Trotz dieser potenziellen Vorteile sind Sexpuppen ein Thema, das heftig diskutiert wird. Ethische Bedenken bestehen darin, dass sie möglicherweise schädliche Stereotypen verstärken oder unrealistische Schönheitsideale und Sexualverhalten aufrechterhalten. Einige argumentieren, dass der zunehmende Realismus von Sexpuppen menschliche Beziehungen beeinträchtigen und möglicherweise die Qualität zwischenmenschlicher Beziehungen mindern oder Erwartungen an Intimität verändern könnte. Darüber hinaus wird über die Auswirkungen der Herstellung von Puppen diskutiert, die Kindern oder anderen gefährdeten Bevölkerungsgruppen sehr ähnlich sind, was ernsthafte ethische und moralische Fragen aufwirft. Teen Sexpuppe

34. SEO says:

This blog is really great. The information here will surely be of some help to me. Thanks!. Wede388

35. jack452 jack452 says:

I really enjoyed reading, great site, im going to add you to my favorites. commercial architects in melbourne

36. SEO says:

Relating to a short time ago begun a good webpage, the info everyone deliver on this website has got improved my family dramatically. Kudos meant for your whole point in time & job. travel Vietnam

37. SEO says:

Appreciate it intended for placing a really good document! I stumbled upon your blog perfect for the desires. Its full of superb in addition to very helpful threads. Sustain the favorable do the job! jnetoto

38. SEO says:

Brilliant text. A posting is affecting loads of imperative complications one’s world. Most people can’t be uninvolved so that you can all these complications. The following posting supplies plans plus basics. Pretty enlightening plus simple. Rumahbola Agen Bola Parlay 2 Tim

39. jack says:

You have some seriously important information written here. Great job and keep posting terrific stuff. strings of lights

40. Annalisa says:

I’d ought to seek advice from you here. Which is not something I do! I love reading an article that could make people feel. Also, many thanks allowing me to comment! IT knowledge base

41. SEO says:

Thank you so much meant for ad an extremely terrific report! I recently found your blog post perfect for my best necessities. It contains terrific together with practical articles or blog posts. Stick to beneficial financial job! Sabi4D

42. william23 says:

Visiting the Nava Grove Showflat is a crucial step in the home-buying process. It offers a firsthand look at what could be your future home, allowing you to experience the layout, design, and amenities before making a final decision. Here’s a complete guide to ensure you make the most of your visit.

43. as says:

해설이 너무 좋아서 경기 몰입도가 높았습니다. 정말 감사드립니다! 스포츠생중계

44. jack452 jack452 says:

Thanks a lot for producing this worthwhile post. Let me without a doubt return down the road to read more. 비전에셋

45. jack jack says:

Oh i really envy the way you post topics, how i wish i could write like that.;.:;. Tinklapiu kurimas

46. jack jack says:

I always visit your blog everyday to read new topics.~’;,” bird feeder

47. Edwardjack says:

Mastering InShot Pro: Tips, Tricks, and Your Experience!
    Hey everyone! For all the InShot Pro users here, let’s gather and share our experiences. How do you find the app in terms of usability and features? Any cool tips or tricks you’ve discovered that have elevated your video editing game? Whether it’s about the best filters, overcoming tricky edits, or just general workflow improvements, let’s help each other out and get the most out of InShot Pro. Also, if you’ve created something you’re proud of, feel free to share your creations here! inshot pro download

48. Edwardjack says:

As of 2024, Kate Hudson estimated net worth is around $90 million. Her wealth has been accumulated through her successful acting career, business ventures, endorsements, and book deals. Kate’s financial success is a testament to her versatility and ability to thrive in multiple industries, from entertainment to entrepreneurship. check more details about
    Kate Hudson Net Worth in 2024