Agora Gallery

My visit to Agora Gallery was both enlightening and uplifting. I went to the Altered States of Reality exhibit where different artists shed light on both the physical and mental worlds in which we live. The most impactful artists took my breath away and left me leaving the gallery with a new set of eyes. Italian photographer, Mauro Fioravanti captured images of stunning seascapes and portrayed them as dual entities, vast and immovable, yet capable of small, quick movements. The colors of these pictures were extremely vivid, almost resembling the compositions of Renaissance paintings. His concentration was the Mediterranean coast, and the influence of nature was predominant in most of them. Cinque Terre 005 elicited a very ominous, yet mysterious mood- with clouds hanging over the green sea and hints of light pouring in through some of the clouds. Golfo dei poeti 005 was, in my opinion, the most beautiful of the paintings- combining different artistic elements to create a surreal affect. The purple of the sunset, the blue of the sea, and dark colors of the rocks contrasted each other very beautifully. To top that all of, the artist captured the fog surrounding the rocks- successfully creating the intended surreal affect. Debra Kayata’a pictures also incorporated nature as a predominant theme, capturing atypical images of flowers and blossoms. She captures the obsession with youth that is instilled within our society and displays it through lush, vibrant colors embedded within the flowers. Orchid Intense Preservation is a digital pigment print, capturing an intense pattern within the petals, and highlighting different shades of purple in one flower. The explicit meaning cannot be derived from any of the works, as the artist’s intent is heavily intertwined with the meaning. I think the works of these artists were more aesthetically pleasing, and their perception of the world in which we live is heavily influenced by aesthetics.

Orchid Intense Preservation, Debra Kayata

Cinque Terre 005, Mauro Fioravanti

Artist: Fernando Salado, Mauro Fioravanti, Glenn DeWitt, Mike Cable, Debra Kayata, Joel Schlosberg, Denis Palbiani

Title of Work:Altered States of Reality

Date of Work: November 2nd to 23rd

Materials/Medium: Photographs

Genre: Modern, Realist Art

Location: Agora Gallery

I was alone when viewing this exhibit

This entry was posted in My Collection. Bookmark the permalink.