IMPORTANT INFO FOR THE LAST 3 WEEKS OF THE SEMESTER

This is the same information that I just emailed to everyone…
​Hope you all enjoyed Bill Helmreich’s presentation last week. After meeting him, it was very easy to imagine him engaging total strangers in conversation on a daily basis.
As you are aware, the last day of class for us is Wednesday, May 14th…only 3 class meetings left. Here is the lay of the land…
BRONX TOUR on 4/30​
​Next week we will take part in a Bronx tour with Ibrahima Diallo, a tour guide recommended by Cindy Lobel, who taught this course for several years. The tour will begin at 1:45 outside the 4 train station at 138th St. ​Please let me know if you will be traveling from Lehman, or meeting us at 138th St. If the former, we will meet outside our classroom at 1, leaving campus at approximately 1:05.
WEBSITE: Plan of Attack due 4/30
By 4/30, each website working group should send Ben and me their “plan of attack” for their website contributions. Who is doing what? Where are you finding useful information (text and images)? What are your self-imposed deadlines to complete specific aspects of your research, writing, image-gathering and web design (in consultation with our web group)? Each working group should have a prototype of their web section ready to present in class on 5/7.  This way, you will have the final week to incorporate any useful suggestions, smooth out rough edges, and so on.

FINAL PAPER
I am moving the due date to 5/7. I welcome papers (or drafts) submitted in advance of that date. I strongly suggest that you complete your first draft at least three days prior to your planned submission; if possible, you should  take a 24-hour breather from the paper, then return to it for thorough editing before handing it in.
Papers should be submitted to me in hard copy and via email. Please use my profbonastia@gmail.com address, rather thancbonastia@gmail.com.
REACTION PAPERS
If you have not sent your two reaction papers, in addition to your Personal Migration History, get on it!

READINGS
We will discuss Justice, Justice during the last two course meetings. This is a very important book for this course.
FINAL EXAM
The take-home final will be optional. Those who wish for a chance to boost their final grade are free to take the exam, which will likely involve essay questions based on Justice, Justice. If your exam is strong, your final grade will improve. If it is not so strong, your final grade won’t suffer–you will essentially receive no credit for the exam in that case.
I think that’s all for now. Please email me and/or Ben with questions.

About bonastia

Christopher Bonastia is Professor of Sociology at Lehman College and the CUNY Graduate Center. He is the associate director of honors programs at Lehman College.