Josephine Guo Snapshot (due 10/14)

Walking up to the Apple Retail Store feels awkward. I never went into one or even passed by one. Even though I have a MacBook, an iPod Touch, an iPad, and an iPhone, I have never walked into an Apple Retail Store. Why? I never had to. My brother and parents would buy the Apple product I want, but I never went with them to buy it. However, today, I had to go to the Store personally. There was something wrong with my phone’s camera and my brother suggested me to go to the Apple Retail Store. After all, how am I going to fix my phone when I do not even know what is wrong with it? When I walked up to the Upper West Side Apple Store, the store amazed me. I did not think it would be entirely made of glass and built in a special way that awed me. I thought it would be like any other store with its concrete or metal walls that surrounded the store and you cannot peek in to see what is going on. But here, this Apple Store allows you to look inside and feel astounded that they would use such a design. Considering the number of expensive products they have in the store, building an open-view design is an unthinkable idea. What if someone curious peeks in and decide to rob the Store? The assumption would be to surround the place with concrete or solid walls so that it will be difficult to sneak in, but this Apple Store is different. The design was made so everybody will know what is being sold as if saying “please come in and be our customer.” I think it is a daring design for the Apple Store and which is why I chose it.

I am unable to upload the photo because the file size was too large and so the link:

http://macaulay.cuny.edu/gallery/index.php/Snapshot-2013/2013-10-11-14_40_22