Site Critique

Using the rubric from the Fall semester, I’ve decided to make several changes to my eportfolio.

Firstly, I’m using a new eportfolio to be home to the final project. This new website will also allow viewers to contribute their own stories, in various forms, to the project. This website will have scenes from the play; these will be organized in different ways to allow viewers to either read just a scene or download the complete text. In an effort to direct and orientate viewers, the homepage will provide a brief summary of the research and the play. Readers will have the option to expand this page to get a more detailed explanation of the process and the play.

To keep things visually appealing and to incorporate multimedia elements, video will be used to show the final monologue of the play. This will also serve as an “invitation” of sorts for viewers to add their stories. Additionally, the pictures from the storyboard will be retaken (hopefully not on my kitchen counter). These images will be arranged individually by scene and also grouped by act. Word clouds will be added to show the different topics and themes discussed on the website.

While this new site will hold the final project, the site that I have used for the past several months will also have some updates. Rather than having posts mixed between reflective and research-based, I have categorized the posts and created menu options for these topics. Now viewers will be able to look only at research or only at reflection aspects of the project.

Both websites will also have some housekeeping updates. Scenes will be embedded, so viewers can read the text of the play directly on the page. The menu titles will be more consistent with each other. Both eportfolios will also have a bibliography page to cite all of the sources used in the research and in the writing. The titles and navigation bar will have clear and directive headings to guide viewers to their points of interest.