I apologize for the lateness of this post. For some reason, I thought this was due by next Friday, Feb 14.

It seems that the majority of the audience was surprised by the relative decreases and increases of foreign and local immigrants respectively. Residents of the United States seem to have a preconception that New York City’s desirability will unerringly remain in the top tier of places to live. While New York City is still one of the main entry points to a country whose currency value is higher than most, unemployment is notoriously high due to both a bad economy and increased outsourcing. Jobs (and steady income) are becoming more accessible in other places.

On the other hand, people already in the US would continue to flock to NYC as large metropolises are a beacon for those in smaller cities. I spoke to someone who attends City College after growing up in Michigan. While there are plenty of excellent schools there, she chose to attend CCNY for the opportunities the city provides in the field of advertisement and business. No matter what, large cities such as New York will always have appeal.