Apprehended and Locked Away

Anna immigrated to the United States from China.  She is now 49 years old and has been in the country for approximately 25 years.  When she first tried to enter the United States, Anna learned the hard way that her fraudulent immigration papers could not get her into the country:

[Immigration officials] asked me questions like where I came from, my birth date, my name, and stuff that was on the papers.  I don’t know what happened, but they saw something wrong and these guards came and took me to a smaller room.  […] I kept on saying that I was innocent, that I did nothing wrong, but he wouldn’t listen to me.  […]  We were taken to a long bus.  It had bars on the windows, like we were convicts or something.  It was dark outside, but I didn’t know English anyway, so I couldn’t read the sign or understand what the uniformed people were saying.  […]  We were taken to a large building.  It looked so scary from the outside, like there was no happiness that existed there.”

This entry was posted in Anna from China, Immigration Process. Bookmark the permalink.