Oct 20 2009

Glorious Appearing Pt. 2

Published by under Glorious Appearing,Readings,Simone Herbin and tagged: ,

The second half of the “Glorious Appearing” was far less exciting then the first half. Once Jesus returns, the action comes to a halt, as the faithful characters no longer can die. This is where the reader of faith and the reader of pleasure would probably diverge in terms of interest. The book just turns into interpretations of the Judgments and the establishment of the Millennial Kingdom from the Bible.

There are a series of collective, yet personal, experiences once Jesus returns. Though Jesus literally answers the prayers of the characters, they still use the Bible as a source of information.

During what I’m guessing is a regular Bible study session, Chaim says, “Books by men seem superfluous now …Whenever we pray I feel as if Messiah is here with me, answering my questions even before I ask. Let us begin with a time of worship and prayer (342).” The Bible has become unnecessary with the presence of Jesus. Though, the characters can just ask Jesus about their questions, they still turn to Chiam to explain the judgment process. Why don’t the characters just pray and ask Jesus if he’s giving direct answers?

One main question that arises several times is why Satan will be released in 1000 years while his followers were cast into the lake of fire for eternity. The explanation offered, through the interpretation of text, as oppose to a direct answer from Jesus, is that the people born during the Millennium must have a choice to follow Christ or turn their back on the Messiah. Why is Jesus offering future generations to be tempted by Satan? If they are born during the Millennial Kingdom, should they not know Jesus personally and understand him to be their lord and savior? If Jesus is so saddened to punish humans who stray from him, why does he make them vulnerable to the Antichrist?

Comments Off on Glorious Appearing Pt. 2

Comments are closed at this time.