Nov 16 2009

Stuff Christians Like…

Published by under Uncategorized

I’m sorry for dropping off the face of the planet (or the blog) for the past few weeks, but I’m back, and I will do my best to catch up. Thoughts on The Road to come later, but in the meantime, I thought I would post this link: http://stuffchristianslike.net

It’s modeled on the popular blog “Stuff White People Like“(which, according to the site, “investigates, explains, and offers advice for finding social success with the Caucasian persuasion” and has had 63,055,199 hits since Jan. 2008).

Similarly, Stuff Christians Like calls itself “your field guide to all things Christian.”  It’s written by a preacher’s kid, and has more than 650 entries. Of course, many of them mention the Apocalypse, but a few of my favorites are:

#482: Talking About The End of The World: Which includes predicting the second coming, identifying the antichrist, overemphasizing 666, awaiting the rapture, decoding Revelation, and the apocalypse as entertainment

#89. Knowing where not to be during the rapture: Or, “Ugh, I wouldn’t want to be here when the rapture comes.” Introduces the concept of “rapture proof buildings,” which apparently include nightclubs, bowling alleys, and movie theaters showing rated R moves.

#64. Fearing the rapture would come before you lost your virginity: A female commenter posted that she had been afraid of the rapture occuring between her engagment and the wedding. So apparently, “girls fear for the wedding, guys fear for the sex.”

Comments Off on Stuff Christians Like…

Comments are closed at this time.