The Arts in NYC Fall 2012

Join this site

If you want to add yourself as a user, please log in, using your existing Macaulay Eportfolio account.

Site menu:

Recent Posts

Categories

Archives

Art Around the City

September 2012
M T W T F S S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

RSS New York Times Arts Section

The View of NYC

So this past Friday, I went to visit a few friends of mine who go to Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken. While there, I took this picture of the NYC skyline from this point at Stevens called, “The Point.” While at this location, I began to wonder what every student at Stevens thinks about when he looks at NYC from this spot. I thought about how every person looking at Manhattan has a much different interpretation of the city than those who are immersed and living in New York. They probably speculate what goes on in the city during the day and at night, while we, students at Baruch, are actually in Manhattan doing all these events they think about,  like going to clubs, going out to restaurants, or seeing museums. I think this idea sort of relates back to Kenneth Pietrobono’s point he made about the class structure we have in society. I think the students at Stevens are the patrons who pay ($60,000/year is the tuition at Stevens) to watch the artists (students at Baruch) paint the town and give them a show that is worth their money.

Write a comment