Christmas Spirit Around the City

Christmas Spirit Around the City

Since it’s the holiday season, there are holiday decorations on almost every block you go. When I was walking around near Rockefeller Center, right across the Radio City Music Hall, I saw these huge red ornaments outside of a building. These simple ornaments bring a christmas spirit to anyone walking pass. Looking it up online, I found out that this building is called the Exxon Building, also known as the “X” Building from the “XYZ Buildings.” This display is designed by Stephen Stefanou, a visual display artist and designer known for his unique installations and seasonal décor of grandly scaled proportions. What surprised me was that this display is installed every holiday season for the past 22 years! Although they completely remake it every five years, they decide they want the same exact thing every five years. I think displaying the same decoration every year allow people to remember the building every time they see these christmas ornaments anywhere they go.

Later, I heard a bunch of loud motorcycle noises. As I made my way down the block, I was surprised to see a group of Santa Clauses on motorcycles. It was a group of people all dressed up as Santa Claus riding on the road in motorcycles. They just sat there and waved to everyone as they waited for the traffic light. It was an interesting sight to see on the street.