- Seminar 1 classes have a budget of $300, plus $60 per student, in addition to the opera tickets.
- The total combined budget available for any Seminar 2, 3 or 4 class is up to $500, which can be spent on activities, tickets, guest speakers etc.
- We are unable to pay for food.
- Requests must be made by November 15 for Fall classes and April 15 for Spring classes. Events can fall after these dates, but within the given semester’s academic calendar.
- We cannot reimburse faculty members for out-of-pocket expenses.
- Please keep track of the total amount of your requests.
Guest Speaker Honoraria
For guest speakers, an honorarium of $150 maximum per person is available. We are not able to increase this amount, even if the speaker usually commands a higher fee. Follow these steps to pay a guest speaker.
- Fill out the form below. Your request will be reviewed at Macaulay, and you will receive notification when it is approved.
- Book your guest speaker, and give them the honorarium paperwork to complete.
- You or your speaker should upload the completed paperwork here: Honorarium Paperwork Submission
- Note that if any of the paperwork is incomplete, it will delay payment significantly.
- Completed paperwork must be received by November 15 for Fall classes and April 15 for Spring classes. Speaking engagements can fall after these dates, but within the given semester’s academic calendar.
- Please warn any guests that processing of honoraria is very slow. Find guests who will visit pro bono if possible.
If you have general questions, please contact Amanda Hick at firstname.lastname@example.org.