Art tour post

I did my tour through the Metropolitan museum of Art’s special 3d tour series on Youtube. I’ve never actually been to an art museum, but I was supposed to go on a field trip to the Met this year. Unfortunately there was a global pandemic, which hindered our plans.  Regardless, I was able to do the online one. However, I was not too impressed. While the technology behind it was very cool, as I was able to fully turn and immerse myself in the video, I wasn’t able to really get the art museum experience. I didn’t really feel like I was in an art museum. Although I did find it enjoyable when the camera zoomed in on some guys doing general caretaking of the museum. I found it strange, and it was quite funny that the camera man made the decision to zoom in on this subject. I was also disappointed by the fact that I could only get a close look at the things the camera was close too. Anything else, and I had to see it from afar in not super great quality. That being said, I can’t really fault the museum for that, as there is no virtual experience that could ever really match being their in person, and it was free, which is excellent since I am cheap, and don’t like spending money that much, but I would have been willing to spend money to go to an actual museum as opposed to watching one through a screen. It’s unfortunate that I have to experience a museum in this way, but it is necessary non the less. I give this experience a 6 out of 10 would potentially recommend if no other option is available.