MET Virtual Tour

I decided to virtually visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art. However, I decided against the 360º tour because I had not enjoyed it in the past. When I did the tour this way, I felt as if I was missing something. That something was the real-life touch that museums have. It almost felt like it was trying to replace the real deal.  Instead, I used the MET website to view the new exhibitions and various events that have come to the museum, including art that is on display and some exclusive to online. Though this is no replacement for a real-life tour of the museum, I was able to observe the pieces as i pleased. I was also able to see pieces that I would not see otherwise in the museum. One downside to this version of the virtual visit is that I could not observe all the art the way I usually would. Certain pieces, like sculptures and vases, need to be seen from different sides and angles to be properly enjoyed. Through a virtual tour, a visitor cannot observe the art in its entirety. While pictures and videos of art will never replace the physical and material art, this method of visiting museums works out surprisingly well in the end. I enjoyed the virtual tour, but I would much prefer to be able to visit these museums in real-life again.