Jenny West Blog

This week we met the artist Jenny West and I found her to be very interesting. Jenny gave off a very erratic energy which was comparable to the way an artist would be portrayed in a movie or television show. The only difference is in the movies the artists isolate themselves because of their artistic drive but Jenny was forced to do this as we all were because of quarantine. I of course do not mean to say that she was erratic with a negative connotation, because I thought it was very interesting to see the art in the background of her video, and to see how she would get up and walk around to pick up the rug she made or whatever other art she would show, it was very spur of the moment and portrays her creative and artistic personality. One thing I found super important was when she talked about needing to have some other stable source of income when trying to follow your passion and make your hobby work. I think it is super important for aspiring artists to understand this reality, and although the money will come from your passion eventually, artists should know that it takes time and patience and that they shouldn’t dive right into their passion but take it in manageable steps that won’t leave them with nothing. Jenny West was an amazing guest to listen to because  I found it interesting  to hear how many different forms of art she participated in and see how beautiful her art was.