Guest Musician: Chris LoPorto

i.scdn.co/image/b896d79fcccefdfe9e864032b4790c7...

Being fascinated with music from a young age, Mr. LoPorto quickly delved into the art world, initially as a drummer in smaller bands and then as the founder and lead artist of Can’t Swim. It was very interesting to hear the story of his journey in the music industry and the behind the scenes concerning it. I loved hearing about how balance is maintained in his band and how everyone works with their strong suit. Mr. LoPorto, who is not much of a visual person, often leaves video production to his other band members who are more visually inclined. He, however, did what he was best at- writing songs. It was great to hear how their hard work had paid off and enabled them to tour consistently for approximately 5 years with around 180 shows per year. However, he also highlighted that sometimes being on the road was lot and having a breather from that was important especially as someone who valued the process of creating music a little more than performances. I think what I appreciated the most was seeing the passion exuded by Mr. LoPorto as he spoke about his works and inspiration as a performing artist – something that I feel can be muddled when a balance in the industry is not achieved. All in all, it was wonderful to hear about Mr. LoPorto’s experience in the art industry and also listen to a different genre of music-one that I may not have been inclined to listen to before!