Meeting the Singer-songwriter, Christopher LoPorto

Meeting Christopher LoPorto was an enjoyable experience. I liked his nonchalant vibe, and he gave a lot of information about being in a band. He mentioned how having a good team to work with is important. A good team means the band can be promoted and endorsed well. Christopher also mentioned how his music conveys his emotions and feelings. Usually, most singers tend to make music to please others and not themselves in order to gain popularity. On the other hand, “Can’t Swim” isn’t afraid to deviate from expectations, and they make their songs personal in a genre that isn’t played often on the radio. Although I don’t like Can’t Swim’s songs that much, rock isn’t necessarily my favorite or preferable genre of music, their lyrics were cool. The lyrics were personal to Christopher, and music should be a representation of the writer, singer, or band (just like a painting is representative of the painter). 

Additionally, I found it really cool that they have a large fanbase. Their music videos on YouTube reached over 200,000 views, and that’s no easy feat. As well, Christopher mentioned how his band often sells out on venues. The fact that they can film and have music videos that aren’t tacky and horribly produced is also a huge flex. I think it was awesome that we were able to meet the lead singer and founder of a band that is pretty successful.