Chris LoPorto Blog Post

This week’s guest artist Chris LoPorto, was a very interesting artist for me to meet. This is purely because he is a musician, and music is on the higher spectrum of my art tier list. I really enjoyed hearing his journey through music, starting off as a drummer, and then evolving to become a lead singer through the connections he had. He had an inspiration to write a song about heartbreak, and then using his previously made connections in music, was able to assemble a band of musicians that he knew were quality artists. One thing that I really liked was that he said that he tried to make all his songs personal in one way or the other. However, one thing that I regret not asking was whether or not he had some of the other artists collaborate on writing songs. What I mean by this is not making the instrumentals, because all the artists obviously have to partake in this, but what I mean is letting a guitarist or drummer for example take the lead on a song’s message and inspiration, and then him and the other artists back him up the way that Chris would be backed up when he was writing a song. Another thing that I regret not asking is where he expands his music theory knowledge now. Obviously it is easy to learn from other artists that you meet and play with, but I would like to know if he looks to other genre’s where the music theory might be a little more complex to seek information. An example of this would be some weird polyrhythms to play with or even some atonal unequally tempered music. Overall, I really enjoyed hearing him talk about his journey of becoming a lead singer in a major band, and the experiences he has had doing shows and working with labels.