Opera Singer Amanda Hick

Amanda Hick was probably the most passionate gues speaker we had for a while. I could immediately tell from just her speaking her first words to us that she was like a ray of sunshine trying her best to lighten the mood since we were all stuck at home doing almost nothing. During the first ten to twenty minutes, I didn’t really pay attention all too much because I had really negative feelings toward operas because I didn’t really understand them at all. Why is everyone yelling at a certain tone? Why is there little to no action? I really never understood the moral of the story nor what the story was telling me at the time. However, Amanda sheds light on the topic and explained to us what opera really means to her. She mentions how opera has grown from the past and how the different genres of operas show how the opera will be played. Something that intrigued me is when she started explaining the different operas to us with videos of other main protagonists singing. She expresses the style of singing and explains why the actors are singing at their tone that they are. As much as i dislike operas, being able to have it explained to me is actually fun and nice to hear because it gives me a new perspective about someone who is inspired and determined about what she does in her field.