Guest Musician: Jaedon Alvira

To be honest, Jazz isn’t a genre I tend to listen to, but when I do I always enjoy it. Meeting Mr. Alvira, a Staten Island native, was a great experience because he spoke with so much passion about his love for music and how he was capable of making his dream a reality. His story was very relatable to many people–hisĀ  mother wanted him to become a doctor whereas his father supported his musical dreams and ultimately, he decided to pursue what would give him satisfaction in life and happiness- music. Hearing Jaedon speak about his experience and love for the high energy in crowds reminded me of when Mr. LoPorto and Mr. Gracia were saying that a large part of theater is the interaction with the audience and that the shift due to the pandemic is a different form of art, rather than theatre because without that audience interaction it didn’t feel the same. I also enjoyed hearing about the process of how pieces are creating and the decision to create the rhythm or lyrics first. Additionally, Mr. Alvira spoke about how when he performs he always goes in with 100% so that regardless of how the rest performs he had given it his all and produced a great masterpiece of art as a result.