Jaedon Alvira meeting

The meeting with Jaedon Alvira was really inspiring and funny. When he talked about what he went through during elementary through college I was shocked and surprised to hear what he had to tell us. I think what shocked me the most was how unsupportive his mother was. She wanted Jaedon to become a wealthy person and quick like becoming a doctor. Jaedon was not motivated to go through all the hard work of becoming a doctor and he also didn’t find any motivation to becoming one. I felt inspired by Jaedon when he mentioned he found his passion for music at a young age in elementary school when he played the saxophone and brought it home. Jaedon’s mother, however, was not too pleased to see something so large in her son’s hands. Despite the differences in future careers planned out, Jaedon and his mother made a deal to if he would get into LaGuardia, and he won that deal. After Jaedon mentioned he attended LaGuardia High School, I felt a bit happy for him and myself because someone so strong-hearted attended a prestigious New York High School. Although he then explains that the school was extremely tough on him, he came out successful and was able to make a great impression on himself as a jazz player. Personally, I am glad to hear someone who had to endure the strict teachings in LaGuardia was able to tell about their experiences and life story of how they became a stable and matured indiviual.