Justin’s Virtual Museum Tour Experience

To gather the 10 works of art that I would use for my art gallery, I attended virtual tours of both The Guggenheim and MOMA. Both experiences provided me with unique artwork that was used for my gallery, but also differed in various ways. First, the Guggenheim tour was more interactive than MOMA’s. I was able to move around the floor and click on certain art pieces, which then brought me to a screen that included information about the creations and a closer look at them. I liked how this actually allowed me to view the finer details and brushstrokes of certain pieces in the gallery. Additionally, there was a small slideshow attached to the website that displayed a wider variety of sculptures, paintings, and photographs. However, I still wish that there was a larger selection of pieces to view during the virtual tour, since there were only about 30 in the tour and 15 in the slide show gallery. The MOMA, compared to the Guggenheim, had a much less interactive tour but a wider selection of artwork. Instead of being able to move around like the previous tour, there was a vast arrangement of squares that could be enlarged to obtain a better view of the art, along with the title, artist, and when it was made. Additionally, there was a movable timeline and category system that could be used to filter certain works of art, which I thought was accessible and easy to use. Both elements from the two virtual tours helped to create a well rounded experience and allowed me to choose the right selections for my gallery. Also, being able to traverse these museums and view art in a virtual way really helped provide a sense of personal interaction that is hard to come across, especially since we are currently unable to visit these places in person.

One thought on “Justin’s Virtual Museum Tour Experience