Jaedon Alvira

Meeting Jaedon Alvira was a wonderful experience. I am so glad that we were able to meet a musician, especially a saxophone player. Ever since I was younger, I wanted to play the saxophone, but I ended up choosing to play the piano instead. Jaedon was the artist I was most able to relate to the most. I especially liked when he spoke about the people along the way that made him a better musician. At the same time, he encountered people who made him feel more passionate about creating music by not being as supportive. I also liked the fact that he explained how he creates music with his band. First, they have to find parts for all of the instruments and then work out the vocals. He then spoke about reversing this process, where they would work on the vocals before the instrumental. I can understand why the music was pieced together starting instruments, but I like that they were able to explore both of these styles. It came as a surprise to me when he said that he had to go to venues or events where he did not know the other musicians. He had to improvise to match what they were playing. This not only showed me how well he played the saxophone, but how good a musician he is. Playing certain pieces is difficult as is. I was impressed with the fact that he would either play pieces from memory or make it up as he went. I could tell that he enjoys performing and creating music. His passion for music is apparent and inspiring for me.