Jenny West Visit

I thought that this guest speaker was another pretty good speaker. Personally, I once again didn’t fully get it like last time, since I’m personally still not super into art, but once again I could tell that she was super passionate about her work, and once again, I can respect anyone who is passionate about what they do, and if they can be passionate about their work, they can engage me in a discussion about it. That was definitely the case during this discussion. I was engaged the whole time, and I definitely felt like it was worth my time and a good aspect of today’s lecture. I also appreciated the discussion about how doing art can still result in a stable lifestyle. It’s a common misconception that an arts related degree will get you nowhere in life, one that I often find myself succumbing to. Even though I don’t intend to pursue an arts related degree, nor do I see myself doing so in the future, it’s nice to see that reassurance that an individual can be successful regardless of what degree in college they choose to pursue.  I also enjoyed seeing some of her work, as I thought the pieces were pretty cool. I liked the paintings. I thought they were really well done and they looked great. I also loved the textile things that were crochet’d from old shirts. I thought that was a super cool idea, and in my opinion they came out super well. Overall, I think that this was an excellent discussion and a great addition to the overall lecture.