Saying Goodbye to San Cristobal

For the past few days we have been living on a cruise ship without internet, so I am posting everything now.  I don’t know the dates of things though, so I have to be creative.

So this morning, we took our final exam. Everyone was panicking. I think we all got A’s. I went to sleep at 4, woke up at 6 30 to study. It went well. And Carlos used the question I wrote on the test! So I know I got at least one right. After the test, I went home and slept. We were supposed to go surfing at 12 00 with Bromero and Johnathan and crew, but apparently no one was up for it. So we spent all day on the beach. I was taking a nap at 12 anyway, so it definitely wouldn’t have worked out for me. After lunch, I dropped off laundry. Playa Mann was really nice. It was 8 of us. We hung out, went swimming, got drinks, and talked. At about 5 we started walking to the “sunset beach” as we’ve been calling it, or Corola. Our first day we watched the sunset there. We went full circle. It was beautiful. We took pictures of each other on the beach, then sat and watched the sun fall. It was just as, if not more amazing as the first time we went. Eventually, we walked to dinner, trying to soak in every last minute of the sunset. At night, a few of us hung around the lobby for a little, but then Kristina and I went for a walk. We chatted with Bromeo about life, and then when we said goodnight to him, went to playa man. It hard to think that the people we met and the connections we made are so fleeting. It ends. Is it worth it? Romiro convinced me that it is. Even if you don’t get to see each other all of the time, it’s worth making the connection. Its weird to think that this is how the locals live. Meeting people, making connections, saying goodbye. It all happens so fast. Saying goodbye to San Cristobal was really hard. We had class, listened to some presentations and walked back. Got ice cream for the last time (there is amazing ice cream here), and left.