About two months ago, my father suffered a puncture in his calves. After applying anti-bacterial medication, my father wrapped the wound with clean, white cloths. A few weeks later, the wound is still present. After seeing the doctor, my father returned with gauze wound dressings. As of right now, the injury is still present. Although it is a simple wound, I am dissatisfied at how long the wound is taking to cure. Every week, my father would go to the hospital to have the dressings taken off and then put back on. Although my father is not complaining, I feel tired imagining this situation.

To change this situation, maybe the doctor should use transparent film dressing. This product helps easily monitor injuries without having to change dressings repeatedly. However, transparent film dressing is not without precaution. For wound with inflammations, such product should not be used. The idea to improve this situation is a new type of transparent film dressing that would be applicable to different types of injuries. To approach this, researching different companies that produce transparent film dressing and different scientists who specialized in external injuries might be helpful.