For your second blog post, please reflect a bit on the following points, and answer as a unified post (don’t answer in bullet points).
- What, in your opinion, is the purpose of doing a lab in school?
- A lab is a very controlled environment – you are typically not designing the experiment and there is typically an expected result. Is this pedagogically useful? Why or why not?
- Are labs necessary for a non-specialist science course like ours? Why or why not?
- What do you hope to gain from the lab experience?
- What would a “lab” in a non-science course be like? For example, in a history course or an American literature course, what sort of thing would fulfill the same role as the science lab?
- Why can’t you use the same style of academic writing that you would for an English or history class on a lab report?