Here are some of my thoughts about this course. Overall, it was a great experience watching Professor Greer (and some of my classmates) do hands-on experiments. And the labs were interesting and brought what we learned about to life.

I was kind of surprised how much I enjoyed the STEAM Fest. What I imagined would be a waste of time, a precious commodity on the weekend, was actually a lot of fun. Not only did I learn about the projects Macaulay students researched, I also got to see some acquaintances I have met through various Macaulay events. Everyone who came by to hear about our 3-D design was impressed, which made me realize that our project design may have manufacturing potential.

The 3-D printing experience I really did not enjoy. Design is not at all my forté (I do content, not format) and I found it stressful even just playing around on the tinkercad website. It was really nice to work in a group because that way each member was able to contribute to the poster what s/he does best.

I really liked how the website was used because it was easy to navigate and had a similar format as IDC classes I have taken in the past. Also, it was great to receive emails letting me know when to check the website because otherwise I might not have known to check my grades or remembered important due dates.

Thank you for a great semester!