Illustration 1+2

Illustration 1

Project 1: Totoro Forest Assignment- Nature is invading! was the theme. So nature became a gremlin. I ent up doing four different versions, but one isn’t worth showing.

Gremlin 1, 2, &3. Ink on paper, 11″x14″.

Gremlin 2Gremlin 1Gremlin 3

Project 2: Who lives there?- It’s supposed to be a mystery, but it should be rather obvious… Oops.

Arthur’s Hall. Acrylic on paper, 11″x14″. Arthur's Hall

Project 3: A family experience- So there’s this video of my dad guillotining himself on YouTube. That became this.

The Guillotining of Michael X. Rose 1. Watercolor on paper, 11″x14″.

The Guillotining of Michael X. Rose 2

The Guillotining of Michael X. Rose 2. Marker, ink, and acrylic on paper, 11″x14″.

The Guillotining of Michael X. Rose

Illustration 2

Project 1: Illustrate an Article- The given article was about travel and the psychology thereof. For this project, I ent up doing three completely different versions. They’re posted chronologically.

In the In-Between. Ink on paper, 11″x14″.

In the In-Between

Black vs. White. Ink and tempera on paper, 11″x14″.

Black vs. White

Balancing Act. Ink on paper, 11″x14″.

Balancing Act

Project 2: Portrait of a Worker- We had to find someone who didn’t wear their street-clothes to work (i.e. a uniform) and interview them. For this project, I picked a professor I had last semester who worked in a lab (lab coats count!).

Portrait of a Worker, Parts 1 and 2. Acrylic on paper, 11″x14″.
Portrait of a Worker P1 Portrait of a Worker P2

Project 3: Poem Illustration- We were given two poems and had to choose one to illustrate. I chose In the Darkened Hours, by Bruce Boston. It doesn’t really make much sense without the poem, so here‘s a link to the google book (page 72).

In the Darkened Hours, Pages 1-6. Ink and watercolor on paper, 11″x14″.

In the Darkened Hours pg 1 In the Darkened Hours pg 2 In the Darkened Hours pg 3 In the Darkened Hours pg 4 In the Darkened Hours pg 5 In the Darkened Hours pg 6

©Hanna Rose 2016