BA #5 and the Week Ahead

Hi Everyone,

BA #5 has now been posted to Assignments section of the course e-portfolio site. You can access the reading that you’ll need to complete to do this assignment under Readings.  Please note that I’m asking you to visit the new exhibit that will be opening at the Mishkin Gallery (Baruch College @ 135 E. 22nd Street) on October 6. There is an opening reception on October 5 from 6:00-8:00 pm which you are invited to attend.

Given that the exhibit is not opening until Thursday, I am pushing the deadline for the blog assignment until Friday, October 13th at 5:00 pm.

I invite you to come and join me for a discussion about the Barhes and to visit the exhibit with me next Tuesday during class hours. This is not required (since we will be going to the Met Breuer on the following Thursday as our class session).  However, I encourage you to come and join me in our classroom for a discussion of the Barthes next Tuesday during our normal class time if you are confused about the reading or just want to talk in more depth about photography as a medium and a form of knowledge and communication.

I’ll send out more details about the Met Breuer visit and the Photo Portfolio project in the next day or two.

Professor Heath