Living in Grand Central Station

Notes:

-High ceiling with a design of celestial beings and is peculiar and looks backward

-Vanderbilts are everywhere and probably play a large role in the construction

-The windows are huge and are clear to allowing lots of light to come allowing the outer world and inside world to connect in some way

-The clock acts as a centerpiece to the whole main area and is always correct

-Acorns & Oak leaves are a large part of the family role which plays at the ticket area

STORY!!!!!

Finding himself at the inside entrance of train station in front of, John is rushing to get a ticket for the train and is running late. It’s 11:50 AM and he has to catch the 12 O’clock train to meet his wife.

He enters the station, and even though he’s rushing he seems to notice the turquoise ceiling with its intricate design. Everything is moving in slow motion as every second count. For some reason though, the ceiling design looks backward and not. He’s not sure whether he is very stressed and can’t tell right from wrong or that the architect made a mistake on the ceiling. John keeps looking at the center clock which is known for its accuracy because it is linked to the station where time is kept very far away and where each millisecond is accounted for. Having never been in the station, John see’s these names all around the station like Vanderbilt hall and thinks that he’s in a mini world, kind of like a microcosm of the world we live in. It’s 11:54 and he is waiting in a ticket line and can’t help but notice that Acorn and Oak leaves are found all around giving it an artificial naturalistic feel. He gets to the ticket holder and wants to buy a ticket which costs $10.50 but he only has $10. He negotiates a deal where he gets it for $10 and he only has three minutes to make it to the train tracks. As he hurries, he is held up by the traffic of people passing by and has to navigate through each one as if each person is an obstacle in it of itself. With 1 minute left he’s heading down the ramp for the station and trips due to the light which blurred his vision. This bright light comes from the large windows which are clear to allow such light to give a beautiful appearance. Falling on his head, he lays unconscious while he hears the loud train arrive and he is unable to get up or move due to the pain.

John awakes and sees his wife next to him on the train and is happy to see here yet he wonders what was reality and what was a dream, if at all a dream?

By: Alon Bezalel

1. lejlaredzematovic

Alon this was such a cute story I really enjoyed reading it. The intricate details that you incorporated into your story really helped to tie the story together. The pictures that you added to your blog really helped set a scene for the story in my head as well. All of these little things truly created a great story.

2. Wow, great story! Definitely one of your best blog posts yet! The intricate details made me feel like I was standing in Grand Central Station because I knew exactly what oyu were talking about! I love how you left off with a question, it really added to the post.

3. Alon, I love how you mentioned the details about the station to your story it definitely added a nice element to it such as the clock and the turquoise ceiling. The pictures helped visualize the story in my head as well. You added your insider knowledge of Grand Central Station really well, and I enjoyed reading it. Overall, great blog!