I guess I might still have a bit of jet lag because I woke up extra early. However, it might also be because of the thunderstorm; it was the first day it rained since I’ve arrived in Hong Kong. The weather as a result was a bit cooler. After a video chat with my family, I went to the university for the final day of orientation. Before the orientation event began, I was able to – with the help of other CityU students – register my final course (which means I will be taking 15 credits total) and also apply for the city excursion for tomorrow.

The orientation event for the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (CLASS) was informative, though much of the information discussed was already previously mentioned in other talks. What was helpful was that I had a chance to finally see some of the department members in CLASS for the first time. After the CLASS information session was a police officer talk, discussing what to do in cases of emergency as well as crime rates and what are arrestable offenses.

Afterwards, I walked around the campus with my friend and found what seemed to be a team rally of student unions of sorts for “orientation camp”. From what I saw, there were four different color groups saying cheers. I was unable to fully grasp what happened, but it was very interesting to say the least. I was amazed at the energy level these students had.

Came back to the house to get some earlier shut-eye since it’s a big day tomorrow. Day four: no more!