The Opera, 10/3

Yesterday, I saw a live opera for the first time in my life.  I could write about the parts I enjoyed or disliked but I think there will be enough of that during class.  The one thing that I surely want to talk about are the riddles.

Relief went over me when I realized that the theatre let you read the captions of the dialogue.  I read up on the opera beforehand but it was nice to know that I could follow the story with ease. Most importantly, the captions let me solve the riddles for myself, and if it was not for that, the opera would have been a lot less memorable.

I made sure to skip through the riddles when reading the opera in order to guess them for myself.  I was sitting next to Christian and Andrew during the riddles and I quietly said what I thought the first answer was.  Christian and Andrew followed suit and we all tried to compete for the right answer.  Through a lucky guess, I was the only one who got the first one right.  The second riddle was by far the easiest, all three of us stated the answer with confidence and were not surprised that we were right.  The last riddle was not even close to any of our guesses, in fact, we thought the last riddle was downright unfair.  Who would guessed in a million years that the name of the princess was the answer?

Although the last riddle was a disappointment, the little game we had going was pure fun.  The opera was so rich with style, talent and scenery but in my opinion, the riddles were the best part.