End of the Working Day

by: Catherine Yeo, Amanda Puitiza, Arwa El-Rowmeim, Alexandra Tang, Aleksandra Kluter

The experience of discussing an artwork in a small group of peers was something completely new to me. Because I was among friends, I felt more comfortable coming up with observations and sharing them. Each group member had something different to add so we were able to build off of each other’s opinions, without being limited by specific expectations and grading guidelines. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience that allowed me to really analyze the painting “End of the Working Day” by Jules Breton in depth. Instead of just superficially noting that it’s a mid-19th century French pastoral scene, each group member focused on some small part of it, such as the peasants’ expressions or tools, in an attempt to analyze how and why they are portrayed as such.
Direct Link to your video (for embedding on a class site or saving on your computer)

This entry was posted in 2014 Museum Videos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.