Who we are

Hey! My name is Noah! I am a 19 year old from Kew Gardens, Queens who is part of a family of five. I am majoring in Chemistry with possible double majors in math or another related subject and a potential music minor. I’m very interested in the philosophical and practical applications of science and believe that Chemistry is the ideal subject in exploring the nature of the world.

Outside of my academic interests, I play saxophone, focusing on jazz, and hope to play around the city sometime soon. I hope to someday have my own band that plays a variety of styles. My brother too is a musician who plays guitar.

Dani’s House of Pizza of Queens elicits a plethora of mixed emotions. For one thing, the pizza is excellent and comes in the largest size you’ll live to see. However, with it, there is plenty wrong. The workers are inattentive and are inconsiderate of customers’ patience. The place is usually packed, and the pizza counter is adjacent to the front entrance, making lines disorganized and often out the door. Meanwhile, to reach the dining area is to pierce through an army.

Nevertheless, the pizzeria remains a staple of the Kew Gardens neighborhood. When you need a slice of pizza, the pizza is a place of congregation, a manifestation of the townspeople’s sociability and community. Dani’s holds an annual pizza eating contest which attracts the most competitive eaters and wins the attention of local newspapers. Despite its crowdedness, noise, and lack of multiple beverage sizes, it is a reminder of what it means to have a home.

Noah Silversmith

Username: nsilversmith

noah.silversmith@gmail.com

Kew Gardens