Feed on
Posts

Dear MTA,

Natalia here, I’ve been a daily MTA user for the past 7 years. Now I am not one to complain normally…

I’ve put up with a great deal these past. I mean, I took the L to 6th Avenue for years where the stalactites grew to the length of my palm, the tile are stained with what I HOPE is mud…and the rats frolic like the deer and the antelopes in the Wild West.

I’ve walked the connecting tunnel to the 1,2,3 and (in those days) 9 trains, chased by dust bunnies the size of my fist, dodging pools of urine and other unidentified puddles, and holding back my gag reflex at the smells.

For the past three years, I’ve ridden the G train…that alone is enough to warrant some sort of laurel leaves or at least a sympathetic pat on the back. I’ve done my best to ignore these and other disturbances. I don’t really ask much from you, despite my frustrated groans when I have to face the G train in the morning….

All I ask is that you get me from point A to point B quickly and safely, and that you don’t leave me (and another 100 people) waiting for the bus for 25 minutes when its -14°C (and that’s without windchill factor, buddy).

I am tired of your track fires, your delays and excuses. I am tired of your fare increases and garbled announcements. I don’t speak MTA: I barely catch one word out of every ten.

Please get your act together.

Hugs and kisses,

-Natalia