Putting any work up on the Internet is very daunting. Questions like “Will people like my work?” or “Will people agree with my work?” arise because that’s just the way the human mind thinks. In my opinion, it’s scary to open myself up to criticism that isn’t from my peers or professors and may not even be constructive! However, with the video I have made, I’m not worried about that criticism.

When I was first thinking about this topic, I was thinking to myself that it’s such a controversial topic and the resources I had at my disposal wouldn’t help me prove my case. However, after committing to this idea and carrying all of my plans out, I think I have provided enough insight so that people could begin to see the other side of the story. I think my piece is ready to be published. I certainly wouldn’t mind if anyone wanted to use it and if I get criticism because of the nature of my topic, I know how to battle that.

I know my piece is ready because I have worked on it extensively since we were first handed the project. I think that some editing changes could be made (I’m not capable of fixing all the small errors—believe me, I’ve tried), but other than that, my video is good to go! A lot of times I was hung up on a particular frame that didn’t add up and I realized I wouldn’t be able to fix it, so I let it slide. There are small changes that could be made to enhance the video.

Combined with my webtext, I think my video is one that can be published to the public for consumption. As I mentioned in my reflective essay, I would like my audience to think about the media more critically. I think my video will provide the first step for many who have not considered the idea that the media could possibly be lying to the public.