Frank Sinatra released “New York, New York” in 1977 in his album 1977. This is one of my all-time favorite songs. I think the song does a great job in capturing the essence of New York City. No matter who you are or where you come from, in New York you could make a name for yourself. Sinatra sings, “If I can make it there I’ll make it anywhere It’s up to you New York, New York”. It shows how NYC is the land of opportunity and success. Sinatra was born in Hoboken, New Jersey but his talent got him famous nationwide. The song also gives some characteristics of NYC as Sinatra sings NYC is the “city that never sleeps” showing how NYC is always ready. The song gives a really euphoric feeling to the listener and a nostalgic feeling about NYC. It is one of the most special songs relating to NYC and the NYC experience. A famous YouTuber, Casey Neistat uses this song in his videos and it accurately reflects his own success that was propelled by being in NYC.  Sinatra’s Jazzy Style and the beauty of NYC and the lyrics of the song all contribute to making this song one that captures the essence of NYC and the NYC success story and it is a song that will always be remembered.