Everything is the opposite of illuminated (in sort of a good way?)

Hi thurr. My name is Julia and I’m a Spain-a-holic. On Tuesday we climbed Paco (Monte Cantabria) again, with more people. I barely got out of bed because we hosted another international dinner until like 3am Monday night, but it was definitely worth the despertar-ing.

We had Tuesday off, and I didn’t realize how late in the trimester it was! It’s May!! Friends of mine are in Ibiza on a trip they began planning about a decade and a half ago, and my birthday is in two weeks! My friends will be taking me out for pasta at some adorable date-worthy restaurant, and (judging from giggles and whispery conversations) I’m pretty sure two of them are getting me a really sketch gag gift or something. It’s going to be so much fun!

hmmm... getting a NEW nano but not sure if I'm getting this kind :p they're pretty though!

You know what’s also fun? WINNING!!!! If I had put up my pics like I promised and polished this blog up a bit, maybe I would have won a bigger prize but I DON’T CARE BECAUSE I WON AN I-POD NANO AND AN AWARD!!! I’m so happy!!!

The best thing about TODAY, though, is that I went shopping with a friend who has been sick for two days. She ate nothing the first day because she was too nauseous, and she could barely get out of bed today. After I came back from school, though, she was craving a Big Mac. So, once I’d gone to teach English, we took the bus to Al Campo (a big mall on the other side of the city), ate at McDonald’s, and got a few groceries.

We also looked at bikinis, because I actually think I can wear one without feeling completely underdressed and nasty. It was fun, but I need to go to a lingerie store to buy a bikini….. some items cannot be bought cheaply if you hope to hide certain assets instead of looking like Pamela Anderson (sorry Pam)

Not that I need to look perfect when I go the largest of the Canary Islands. Nothing can happen there that leads to anything meaningful, so it’s not as if I need to do a three day boyfriend search haha. I’ll just be spending lots of quality time with my girls, feeling amazing for no longer being a teenager and spending no time at all thinking about leaving.

Yes, this is a short blog. No, there are not many pictures. But hey, here’s a song that a friend of mine just got me to listen to. We were talking about love and how it sucks. I’m frustrated with not understanding where it’s hiding, and he knows where it is but can’t have it. So here’s a 2:49 a.m. shout-out to all the singles out there. Maroon 5’s got your back.

Much Platonic Love :p

Julia

About Julia

I'm studying abroad in Spain, but am supposed to be a Macaulay at City sophomore in the International Studies program. I love my life!
This entry was posted in Spain and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.