We met at the MET (Summer Love date #1)

Hi all,

Here’s my first real dating blog entry for the summer. As promised, Noah and I went to the Museum Mile festival on Tuesday. Instead of going to the opening ceremony at the top of the mile, we decided to meet at the Metropolitan Museum of Art (actually met at the crosstown bus stop because our trains arrived at the same time <3)

We got there a bit early, so we sat down on the steps and watched this guy with a saxophone play China’s national anthem. He also did the pink panther tune and then a really quick song to which he jumped around, barely missing a lady that was walking by behind him. He yelled “WOO!” a few times to keep up the mood.

At six, we decided to walk up museum mile, and we happened upon the Neue Galerie, which displays Austrian and GERMAN art. There was a really long line, though, so we decided that it was more of an outside day 😛 A very expressive singer (probably also an actor) was outside entertaining the masses.

There were a lot of kids drawing on the sidewalk with chalk, and I had the intense urge to find a pink piece and draw a heart with our names in it.

In keeping with my romantic sappiness, we took a detour to the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir at 90th street. A nice gentleman agreed to take a picture of us.

We stopped for a bit at the Jewish Museum where the Isle of Klezbos were performing what I believe was a Yiddish song.

We went back into the park at the east lawn, thought about life and nature, and went back out to keep walking. I almost asked a kid to borrow a piece of chalk. Almost.

After getting an ice cream sundae in a cup because they were out of cones (Who is out of cones an hour into a festival? :/ ), we saw some great drumming and dancing outside of El Museo del Barrio. When we realized we’d reached the top of the festival, I almost dragged Noah back in, but we decided to walk home, instead.

Hungry and tired, we stopped in at Picante on 139th. We both had Burritos and I had a Russian Lemonade. The waiter carded me, and it was arguably one of the best moments of my day. Drawing a heart on the sidewalk would have been moment #1. 😉

Ah to be young and in love.

Hope everyone’s summer is going well. Be ready for Thursday’s Shakespeare in the Park Comedy of Errors blog soon ^.^

Love,

Julia

About Julia

I'm studying abroad in Spain, but am supposed to be a Macaulay at City sophomore in the International Studies program. I love my life!
This entry was posted in Summer 2013. Bookmark the permalink.