About Me

“Onward!” -Fred the Pirate Penguin

Hi! I’m Julia, an International Studies junior at City College, and a proud Macaulay Honors College student. This means that I have a really exciting major, I attend one of the best CUNY schools, and I am part of a CUNY-wide honors college that pays for my tuition and gives me free stuff. P.S. I GET TO LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY. My life is pretty much awesome, as you’ll see even in my less happy posts.

First of all: Why is the end of my super long url simply “other?” Well, I’m not much one for epic thoughts in a pinch. I know, Macaulay=I should be able to think on my feet. But you know what? I’m not that person. I was at Tech Day and I freaked out when we had to make our first blog. “What?” thought I, “this is a life and death decision! What do I name my blog??!! Aaaahhh!” So I went with the first stupid idea that popped into my head. For better or for worse, that was it. I kept it because it is the first blog I made, and I plan to keep improving it until it is too awesome for the name of the url to matter 🙂

…but first I have to learn some CSS… >.<

If I have thoughts (in the future), like my schoolwork, or want to doodle a little story, it’ll quite possibly show up on this site so I can preserve it and give it a pretty background. Have a look around if you will. If nothing catches your eye, thanks for stopping in!

I didn’t have a blog during my first year in Macaulay@City, but that’s because it was SO EPIC that I barely had the time to record it. I received an amazing full-ride scholarship to study abroad in Spain last year, and it was SUCH a wonderful experience. Luckily, all of my credits transferred, which means that I am still graduating in 2014. The fact that I skipped the mandatory second year Macaulay seminars, however, means that I am taking them now…. as a junior. I’d complain but I’ve been learning a lot and meeting new people 🙂

I want to look back on this blog one day and say, “Wow, that was my undergrad career. How lucky was I?” I love this school, and I love this city!! Having a pretty little record that Macaulay set up for me right here can only be a plus. ^^

Oh and look what I won when I tried a little:

One Response to About Me