Blog Post 2_ LTGWS (Let the Great World Spin)// Book 1.

1. In the prologue there was a lot of suspense and thrill, as the reader we were unknowing as to what was really going on just like the watchers on the street. The key piece of information that we all knew was that the scene took place in New York City and that a man was seen on the edge of a skyscraper. At the end we all found out that it was a tightrope walker about to start his walk. In the beginning of the first chapter we were taken to Dublin, Ireland where the brothers of the story originate. Then they both meet again in New York. I would say that the social environments were similar between Dublin and New York because Corrigan had always surrounded himself with a specific type of people who his brother would not want to associate himself with.
  2. So far I feel sympathy and pity for most of the characters in this chapter. I find the chapter itself very stirring and emotional, this piece was one of those that is hard to put down because you always want to know what is going to happen next. I find all of the characters intriguing, they all have this sort of mystery to them and you can’t really pinpoint why they behave or act the way they do. When Corrigan and his brother talk and his brother tries to talk him out of helping the girls, Corrigan doesn’t really respond or give us much of his reasoning but we all assume why he does what he does. Or when Corrigan is faced with the issue between his religion and Adelita we don’t really know why he does what he does. With that being said the author gives us enough information to guess ourselves why each character is the way they are. I can not say that any of the characters feel most alien or baffling. It’s like you can put yourself into their shoes and see their perspectives.