Blog post 6

The Classic: Levels by Avicii. (If anyone of you recalls it also)

I do consider myself a modest fan of electronic mix music, which is more or less popular in my generation. One of the pieces of music which had stayed in my music library as one of my favorites for many years and had never bored or annoyed me is a classic mix by Avicii Levels. It has a unique melody, which is the dominant part of the music since it barely has any lyrics to it. However, it is that melody, which brings the piece its upbringing tone and a very positive emotional effect.

One of the first times that I had heard it was once when it became a hit even back in 2009. I was in elementary school then and was very open to new things and find out what was popular while also appealing to me. All that in addition to adding some new things to my base knowledge of music trends. I liked to play video games and basketball outside with my many friends to this music which had made this connection to those good times for me.

Listening to this piece always brings me back to those times and hot summer days of basketball and video games. So the primary emotions which fill me while listening to it is nostalgia and upbringing. And what makes me love this piece even more every single time I replay it to myself and others today is that most of the people I know of my age also have good memories of this music and add to the good vibe which still persists around it today.