Music Artists Shine at Aggiefest

This past weekend was the fifth annual Aggiefest. I have never heard of this Aggiefest or even Aggieville where it is held, so here is what I discovered. The Aggiefest takes place in Aggieville (by Manhattan City Park) for a whole weekend. It is an opportunity for fairly unknown bands to get out there and show the public what they can do. This past weekend, there were over 75 performing bands. This is not a very well known event seeing as the crowds weren’t that big, but I think that it’s great for new bands so they can get used to performing in front of others and maybe even make a few fans. Participants wish that this event happened more often and argue that just because bands aren’t as well known doesn’t make them worse than a more popular band. If anyone is interested in taking part in this Aggiefest, I guess you’ll have to wait a year, but heres the link so you can learn about it.
CLICK

This entry was posted in Music. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Music Artists Shine at Aggiefest

1. esmaldone says:

75 unknown bands show up at one little park for the weekend. gives you an idea of the level of competition out there. The real money is being made at the Guitar Center.