He’s Big in Japan(and now the U.S.A)

I’m not a “YouTuber”. That’s not to say I don’t view my fair share of videos from the website, but I’m not that guy who can spend hours upon hours video jumping. I don’t see the humor in a cat riding a turtle(Beth) and if a video like that ever did tickle my fancy, I definitely would not NEED to see more like it. Because of my YouTube ignorance, I had never seen nor heard of a young guitar phenom by the name of Yuto Miyazawa. I have now, and let me tell you, this kid is ridiculous! He hails from Japan and is all of ten years old. Miyazawa started playing guitar at the age of three and became a YouTube sensation from around the time he turned eight. The Guinness Book of World Records hails him as the youngest professional guitarist in the world. He has an “encyclopedic knowledge of heavy metal” and while playing famous songs from this genre, he improvises like a seasoned veteran. He gained notoriety from one song in particular which he has now played a multitude of times while making rounds on the talk show circuit. Many of you have probably seen at least one version of this clip, it is Miyazawa playing Ozzy Osbourne’s “Crazy Train.” Miyazawa has been on a small tour in the United states and will shortly be returning back to Japan. He aspires to tour in Korea, Taiwan, and mainland China. Additionally he hopes that he can transition from a jaw dropping “cover band” to an artist with his own material. So maybe the next time you’re on your computer at 2 in the morning with nothing to do except further delay an Honors 125 blogpost, you’ll check out Yuto Miyazawa rocking out on an “axe” bigger than his body.

Click this for a video of Miyazawa on the Ellen Degeneres Show

also enjoy this article compliments of the New York Times

3 Responses to He’s Big in Japan(and now the U.S.A)

1. Corina Yee says:

I actually watched the ellen degeneres episode when he made his appearance and he is definitely a talented young individual. When I watched the video of him playing again, I found the expression on his face quite expressive because it is as if he isn’t putting any effort in it at all. He seems so calm as if this skill just comes naturally. Ellen Degeneres seem to have a lot of appearances by very talented young children and this reminded of another young girl who shows off her very impressive skills on the piano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx68ltMC2DQ

2. bweinstein says:

This kid has mad skills. His singing however… not so great. Personally, I think he should stick to what he does best and leave the vocals to those who can sing. Granted, he is only ten years old and not fluent in English, but I think it diminished his performance when he opened his mouth. With that being said, I still think this kid has a skill that surpasses even those twenty years or more his senior.

3. esmaldone says:

Technically amazing. emotionally a bit flat,no?
    An impressive bit of imitation (not to be confused with originality).