Swan Lake Vlog

Here is my first vlog for the Arts blog. I’ll admit, I’m not too happy with the narration, which is already edited, but I spent a lot of time on this effort. I hope you find the end result satisfactory.

You can watch Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake at the City Center through November 7. Tickets range from $25 to $110. This event is recommended by the critics of Time Out New York, so watch it while you can!

Edit: Be sure to check out Professor Smaldone’s post as well. The Chinese circus did their own rendition of Swan Lake as well, which goes to show its vast influence.

Source

This entry was posted in Dance, Music, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Swan Lake Vlog

1. esmaldone says:

Amazing! This was really, really good! It is packed with interesting information, and follows a very logical path. You give us detail on the original, and then a very thorough list of examples of other productions and appearances. This is an indication of the manner in which Swan Lake is an example common cultural experience. Swan Lake has been a cultural icon for a long time. (Of course, you could also mention the blog post I made in which the Chinese acrobats re-interpret the dance…). One small technical thing: I’m not sure you needed the reverb on your speaking voice. It makes it slightly harder to understand what you are saying. Basically an excellent effort!

2. I’m glad that you enjoyed it! My apologies on the narration quality. I am having trouble with the voice-over option, since it is only good for its specific clip. As an alternative, I used Garage Band, but I suppose next time I can just video record and extract the audio, using that instead.

3. Susan Xu says:

This is such an interesting vlog. I liked the way you narrated over the scenes of swan lake. I’ve never seen swan lake, but this post definitely makes me want to go see it. I also liked how you began the video, it was really unique. The ballet in the performance seems beautiful and elegant. Good job!

4. maggiedickinson says:

This is great! Nice transitions between scenes. This is advice for everyone on their vlogs, but you may want to consider putting credits at the end so you can attribute your video clips to their proper sources. Also, titles at the beginning and end are just a nice touch to finish off your video.