Wintuk

For those of you who have never experienced watching Wintuk in Madison Square Garden, hurry up and buy your tickets! This is, sadly, the fourth and final season of Wintuk in New York City. Wintuk was created by Cirque du Soleil . It is not just a series of acrobatic acts or dancing. There is a storyline throughout the whole performance of a boy on his journey to find snow. Throughout the show, there is some great choreography, fitting dramatic music, and several fascinating acrobatic acts. The unusual talents that some of these performers possess never cease to amaze me.

I have personally seen Wintuk twice and I enjoyed it. Each year, there were some minor changes to better the acts. After seeing Wintuk, I really wanted to watch Cirque du Soleil because I have heard that that is amazing, but I would have to travel farther to see that. For those of you who have never seen Wintuk, I would recommend you go see it. As I said, it is not just a series of acrobatic acts, but it has a storyline, making it more theatrical and attention grabbing. If you’re interested in buying tickets, here is the site. Not only can you purchase tickets there, but you can read about the show and take a look at some of the acts it has to offer. Enjoy!

Here are a few pictures of what the show has to offer.

This entry was posted in Theater, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Wintuk

1. esmaldone says:

Cirque du Soleil presents an amazing series of unbelievable acrobatics. Having watched some of these before, however, I have to say I find it a bit tedious after a while. They are amazing, but “amazing” is not necessarily “artistic.” It is a bit like going to the State Fair and seeing the “largest” pumpkin, then the largest cucumber, then the largest tomato, etc. etc. It is always impressive, but can feel a bit “one-dimensional.”

2. Susan Xu says:

I really wanted to see Cirque du Soleil after watching the commercial. I am drawn to the way people can bend and alter their bodies. The flexibility of the acrobats never ceases to amaze me, especially since I know the capabilities of my own body. I am even more interested to see this show, because it kind of combines a play with the circus, since it has a plot.